Car Specifications/technical data
- Land Rover Discovery 1 Chassis shortened at the front and rear with most of the outriggers etc. cut off.
Tornado Roll Over Protection System (cage) and body panels.
- Engine; Rover 3.9 V8 hotwire fuel injection
- Viper Cyclone. a high lift camshaft,
- Main bearing stud kit, ARP
- Cylinder head stud kit, ARP
- The Engine has been moved backwards towards the center of the car by about 18"
- The fuel system consist of;
- Facet "lift" pump
- Supplying a 2 liter swirl pot,
- This then feeds a high pressure Bosh Style pump.
- Finally the fuel pressure is controlled via a Sytec adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
- All fuel lines are stainless braided with Aeroquip joints
- All the water pipes have been replaced with Silicone pipes Or alloy from Auto Silicone Hoses, (ASH) and the header tank is mounted on the rear bulkhead.
- The radiator is a standard Defender diesel unit.
- An 18" Electric fan fitted to the radiator, controlled using a X engineering thermostatic housing and switch.
- We have added a remote oil filter and oil cooler.
- Update Aug 2014, The oil cooler circuit has been modified to remove the need for a sandwich plate, Due to the lack of clearance between the axel (diff casing) and the sandwich plate on the front cover.
- Gear box; Standard Land Rover R380 5 Speed Manual.
- Rakeway single speed, fixed shaft Transfer box 16:1 ratio
- A Rakeway prop shaft Center bearing (mounted in the front prop to reduce the excessive length due to the engine move.
- Bespoke rear prop shaft and center shaft on the front.
- Front, front prop shaft is a standard wide-angle prop.
- Front axel: Standard land Rover with "open" diffs.
- Update June 2014, the front radius arms changes for lighter (stronger) 3deg. caster corrected radius arms.
- Update 2015 The Dif pan has been replaced with Gwyn Lewis 4×4 heavy duty Dif pan.
- Rear axels: Standard land Rover.
Update Feb 2014, the rear axel now fitted with Ashcroft Torque biasing diff.
- The rear radius arm are a Tornado special Getting rid of the std. LR Triangular bushes.
- The brakes are basic standard Range rover calipers and Britpart slotted solid disks.
- 2.5" remote fox's (with 12" of travel) all round (from Milners).
- 1.5:1 Steering Quickener
- Standard Land rover Steering Damper using aftermarket Brackets From Devon 4x4
- OMP Fuel Tank
- TRS, Six point harnesses.
- Motor drive seats, Pro Seats (Navigators with extra head restraints).
- QT flat bottom Steering wheel.
- Disk Handbrake & Caliper
Land Rover Discovery 1;
Full bodied, with the interior stripped, a full roll cage.
- 5 point Luke harness.
- OMP seats.
- Engine; Rover 3.9 V8
- Std. hotwire fuel injection.
- Gear box; Standard Land Rover four speed automatic.
- Front and rear axels: Standard land Rover with "open" diffs.
- Varidamp shock-absorbers all around.